A program for identifying the initiation codons in
Salamov, AA., Nishikawa, T., Swindells, MB
ATGpr can be used to;
- predict whether an initiation codon is present or absent in a
piece of cDNA.
- predict which ATG is the initiation codon for cases where a codon
appears to be present.
The method, which uses linear discriminant analysis, has been rigorously
tested on a 660 sequence, non-redundant dataset. A paper describing the
method has been accepted for publication in Bioinformatics.
From this page you can;
- run the program (see below).
- read the manuscript.
- take a list of the 660 sequences used for prediction.
- take a list of the 133 sequences used for assessing Kozak's rule.